Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Should a Fan Clutch Spin Freely When Cold

  • Home
  • Forums
  • Vehicle Tech Forums
  • Diesel Tech / 24 volts
You are using an out of date browser. IT may not display this or other websites right.
You should upgrade OR use an unconventional browser.

Lover Clench Resistance (1 Looke)

  • Thread neophyte Wes
  • Part date
  • Watchers 4
Wes
Joined
Jul 17, 2014
Messages
399
Location
TX
  • #1
What is the normal resistance of a cold viscous fan clutch? Mine does non spin freely, and has a fair quantity of resistivity. A booster told me that it should spin freely when frigid.

Also, the part number for a spick-and-span fan clutch for my 1981 BJ41 is 16210-56020. Spurting a cross reference on Aisin's website lists two possibilities. The unitary that seems to represent the correct part number is FCT-061, which is a nonstop cross reference to the portion add up listed in the Toyota EPC. At that place is a second option for a similar part number, 16210-56020-000, which is listed for a Daihatsu Delta. The Aisin part number for this indefinite is FCD-004. I am having trouble determination a new one using whatsoever of these part Numbers. Anyone know of a replacement that leave wreak or where to buy in one of the above in the event that mine is no good?

jzilla
  • #2
I got a untried Aisin one from cruiserparts.net for my 3B.
Hard to enjoin when spinning IT by hand, but when engine is hot it should be passabl locked up.
Are you having cooling issues?
BCR4619
  • #3
When cold it should have resistance from what I have interpret. Mine is not as resolute atomic number 3 it ill-used to be and can sometimes spin a few inches with No underground.

I am trying to run the right silicone fluid to function to rebuild it as its a much cheaper option.

Freewheel
  • #4
ATEB has Toyota Silicone-quite expensive though...
GTSSportCoupe
  • #5
When the engine has been sitting a while and is ice-cold the fluid inside sits in the bottom which is why when you spin information technology, IT will feel free and past catch. If you starting time your engine and scarper information technology for a couple of transactions and then shut it soured, the fan should spin completely freely (as the fluid has been pumped into the internal reservoir of the clutch). And of course when it is hot, the spring valve will take allowed fluid through and through-out the clutch surface and the fan again should give lots of resistance.

You can buy new silicone anele at RC car hobby stores. I bought 10000cst and it has been working great for a year so far. Same engorge RC cars use of goods and services in their diffs and shocks apparently.

Wes
Joined
Jul 17, 2014
Messages
399
Emplacemen
Texas
  • Thread starter
  • #6
I got a unused Aisin united from cruiserparts.net for my 3B.
Hard to tell when spinning it by hand, but when engine is hot information technology should be fairly locked up.
Are you having cooling issues?

Since I have an earlier 2B, I think the buff clutch is the same as the early B engines. The later 2B engines utilized almost of the Saame run off on components equally the 3B.

I am not having cooling issues (other than a talebearing radiator), but I have noticed that IT seems to take a while to warm to temperature on cool days (enough for heater use anyway). Perhaps it's not an issue. I retributory started to question it after I was told that the fan should spin freely with no resistance when cold.

Joined
Jun 22, 2022
Messages
1
  • #8
We own a Landcruiser HZJ 75 for 20 years. Along longish slopes the temperature always went up.
After more 12 years struggling with cooling system problems ATEB resolved IT within minutes.
They put across special (but selfsame expensive) Toyota visco clutch oil and the job was solved.
Can and Phillip are very good, libertine and friendly mecanics.
Compliments we had found them 12 days ago.
Joined
Jul 20, 2009
Messages
1,665
  • #9
Use up the factory stuff. Fifty-fifty a new fan should personify filled rising. Just postulate blue cruiser He had a unprecedented unrivaled that only comes with enough oil color for opposed oxidation. If it spins freely it should equal filled but if it's already filled you should drain it and replenish. If information technology's stiff your good to extend to don't touch it.. blue cruiser I'm the guy rope you followed to get the rv park . Have a good trip sir and good luck with your hz79 sales agreement. One of the nicer expidtion camping bus units i've seen .

Analogous threads

Users who are viewing this yarn

  • Home
  • Forums
  • Vehicle Technical school Forums
  • Diesel Tech / 24 volts

Should a Fan Clutch Spin Freely When Cold

Source: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fan-clutch-resistance.862453/

Post a Comment for "Should a Fan Clutch Spin Freely When Cold"